3.8. Manage files from a computer wirelessly via Wi-Fi Transfer
Wi-Fi Transfer is the easiest way to transfer files from a computer to your iPhone or iPad and vice versa.
How to transfer files between your Mac or PC and iOS device:
- Make sure that both your iOS device and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Launch Documents.
- On your iPhone, tap Connections > Computer.
On your iPad, tap Computer on the sidebar.
- On your computer, open a browser and go to https://docstransfer.com.
- Enter the 4-digit code you see on your iOS device.
Now, you can see the files from Documents on your computer. You can select several files or folders and click Download to get them from your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
To upload a file to your iPhone or iPad, click Upload Files button and select the files or just drag & drop them into your browser. As soon as the files are uploaded, they'll instantly appear on your iOS device.
Once you're finished, please tap the Disconnect in Documents on your iOS device or close the web page.
Note: If you'd like to use the IP address (http://192.168.5.92) or your device's hostname (e.g. http://user-iphone.local) instead of the code, please enable WebDAV in Documents Settings > WebDAV and copy the IP address to your browser.
To use QR-code to establish the connection, click Show QR-code to Scan > open the Camera app to scan the code and tap Open in Documents prompt message.
How to mount Documents as a network drive to access the files with Mac or PC:
1. On your iPhone or iPad, please go to Documents Settings > WebDAV Server. Enter any credentials you wish as they are necessary to start a server and tap Start WebDAV.
2. On your macOS device, right-click on the Finder icon in your Dock and select Connect to Server.
3. Type "http://" and the IP address of your iOS device. You can find it under WebDAV Server settings in Documents 7.
1. Open the Start menu and select This PC from the left panel.
2. Select Map network drive on the toolbar at the top of the Computer tab.
3. Select a drive letter in the Drive list.
4. Type 'http://' and the IP address of your iOS device. It's available under WebDAV Server settings in Documents 7.