6.6. Annotate files remotely on the server
Documents allows working with files from the cloud storage/server remotely without downloading them locally to your device thereby consuming free space:
- Edit files directly on the server;
- View files in other formats (e.g. photos) directly on the server;
- Stream audio and video files from the remote server.
To edit a PDF file remotely, please follow the steps below:
- Connect your network account to the app and open it;
- Tap a file you need to view or edit remotely and wait until it is loaded;
- Start working with your file;
- To save changes on the server without downloading the file, close it by tapping the back button with a folder name in the upper-left corner. Alternatively, you can tap More (three dots on a file) button and choose Save;
- If you need to download a file to your device, tap More (three dots) button > Save a copy and select the location.
Kindly note that changes will not be saved to the server if you close the app by tapping the Home button. To save modifications you made, close the file by tapping the back button in the upper-left corner or tap Save.