5.1. Can't add my calendar account to Calendars by Readdle
If you are experiencing issues adding your account to Calendars, please check the following:
- The Internet connection on your device is stable. With poor connection, Calendars might not be able to add your account.
- VPN is not enabled on your device. If you use a VPN, we can’t guarantee Calendars will work properly. The quality of the performance via VPN solely relies on the servers of the VPN network. For this reason, we recommend you turn the VPN off.
- If your account requires two-factor authentication. If two-factor authentication is enabled for your iCloud account, generate the app-specific password and use it while adding your account to Calendars.
- For Exchange and Outlook accounts — some organisations might set restrictions for using third-party services. You can contact the IT administrator at your organization to ask whether it's possible to use your account in Calendars.
If the steps above didn't help, try connecting your account through local calendars:
- Add the needed calendar to the local Calendars app first.
- Open Calendars by Reaadle.
- Press ⌘, > Local Calendars. Alternatively, click Calendars in the Menu Bar at the top, then select Settings > Local Calendars.
- Enable the display Local Calendars toggle and choose the accounts to display. That’s it!
Note: If you already have some of the accounts added to Calendars by Readdle and don’t want them to be added twice to the app, disable them in the Local Calendars section of Settings (⌘,). Disabled accounts will still be available for other apps and systems.
Note: If you add Exchange or Outlook Calendar through local calendars, color-coding will be random for these accounts.
Tip: To learn how to add multiple accounts to Calendars on your iPhone or iPad, check out this article.