7.7. Set up sync with Mac via SFTP
To add your Mac to Available devices under the PDF Expert Services tab, you can enable the SFTP server.
To enable the SFTP server on your Mac:
- Go to Mac OS X System Preferences.
- Click Sharing.
- Check Remote Login.
Once SFTP server is enabled, follow the steps below to connect PDF Expert to the Mac:
- Go to Services in PDF Expert.
- Tap ‘Add Account.’
- Select SFTP.
- Use your MAC IP address as a Host. (You can find this information on your Mac in System Preferences > Sharing > Remote Login)
- Provide your Mac login and password (credentials used for installing apps and logging into your Mac account).
- Tap Save to create a connection.
- The connection will work in your local WiFi area, provided your Mac is turned on.
- Go to Services in PDF Expert and open your MAC SFTP server.
- Navigate to the folder you'd like to sync with and open it.
- Tap Sync.
Please note: if you change the network frequently but sync the folder between your Mac and iOS device, please use mac's Hostname as a Host instead of the IP address since IP address changes while changing the network.