5.2. Cannot print via network printer (installation of Printer Pro Desktop)
If you cannot locate your printer in Printer Pro (Lite) or it does not print properly, it is likely that Printer Pro (Lite) does not support your printer languages or cannot connect to it via Bonjour technology.
You can try adding your printer to Printer Pro app manually. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Printer Pro (Lite) application.
- Tap the blue Add Printer button.
- Tap Add Manually.
- Tap IP Printing.
- Type in your printer`s IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.10). Note: you can find the static IP address on the printer device itself or in the Network section of its settings. You can check your printer's user guide for more information.
- Tap Next Step.
- Print a test page and calibrate your printer according to the onscreen instructions or follow the steps in this article.
In case it didn't help, please follow the steps below:
- Download and install Printer Pro Desktop on the computer, which has your printer installed as default. Use this link for downloading. http://support.readdle.com/ppd/
- Open Printer Pro on your iOS device.
- Tap ADD PRINTER. If your computer and printer are in the same Wi-Fi network, you will find your computer's name in the list of available printers.
Note: if you have installed Printer Pro Desktop on your computer successfully, you will see the icon in the status bar on Mac or in the tray on PC. You can click it and change the default printer. In this case Printer Pro Desktop is using the printer drivers installed on your computer, which allows our app to print to any kind of Wi-Fi or USB connected printer.